- Supplemental matriculation studies for high school youth affected by the recent teacher strike that lasted for 65 days. IVN is seeking funding to provide additional tutoring that will make up for the study time missed during this crucial period. Students from low-income communities where IVN operates often cannot afford the luxury of private tutors. Grades received on the matriculation exams determine whether or not pupils can continue onto higher education.
- Basic school supplies for children in Sderot. The municipality of Sderot recently contacted IVN for help in providing basic school supplies for children whose lives are affected by daily Kassam rocket attacks.
- Seed funding for IsraCorps US. IsraCorps aims to narrow social and educational gaps by educating Israeli volunteers in and from the periphery and by increasing volunteers' effectiveness via targeted training, placement and guidance. IsraCorps US will serve as a framework for US teens and young adults to volunteer alongside their peers in Israel's periphery.
- Sponsorship of a Social Entrepreneur Fellowship. Social Entrepreneurs (SE) are society's change agents dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to Israel's most pressing social problems. IVN's program provides SE Fellows with a monthly stipend, oversight and mentoring from members of the IVN network, and educational opportunities to bolster skills. The next set of SE Fellows will be announced in Q1 2008!
- Funding of a workshop for School Principal Leadership in Sderot. Optional to form a course open for principles and corporate participants.
- Corporate sponsorship for an IVN Members Event. Corporate firms that are seeking to expand their exposure through the IVN network.
For further information on how to support IVN, please contact:
Joni Block, Director, at email@example.com
540 Cowper St.,Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Tel. (650) 325-4200
Fax (650) 649-1974
Atara Dzikowski, Director of Development & Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 5064