The ceremony was an expression of appreciation to the some 450 young IsraCorps volunteers who completed a stint of professional volunteering replete with community activities in the periphery of Israel.
The ceremony was honored by the presence of friends, partners to the concept and content who traverse the arduous road together with IsraCorps in joint endeavors:
- Officials from youth organizations and movements: Bat Ami, Israel Scouts, Branco-Weiss Institute, Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel, Mimizrach Shemesh, Association for Volunteerism, Etgarim, HaShomer HaTzair, and the Israel Association of Community Centers
- Representatives of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Defense
- Tafnit Project officials: IsraCorps' main placement and content partners
- Representatives from the foundations whose wholehearted support makes IsraCorps' activities possible: IVN, the Sacta-Rashi Foundation, UIA Canada - Federations of Greater Toronto and Vancouver, Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, Jewish Federation of Metropoligan Detroit, Pratt, Foundation, Oran Foundation, Gandyr Foundation, Bank Leumi, JFN, UIA Britain, Check Point, and others.
- And topping the list – the volunteers, who hail from all walks of Israeli society: youth of Ethiopian descent, immigrants from the CIS, religious and secular Jews, young people from the periphery, at-risk youth, volunteers from the Arab sector, as well as youth from better established locations. There is a common thread that identifies all of them and that is their keen potential to fulfill leadership roles, their volunteer activities and their desire to make Israeli society a better place for all of us.
To read more about the closing ceremony Download isracorps_end_of_year_report_eng_2.pdf