IVN's Annual Membership Meetings were held in the southern town of Sderot this November. Highlights of the trip included:
- Meeting with representatives from Amdocs, a partner of the Municipal Intervention in Sderot together with IVN and the Sacta-Rashi Foundation, who graciously hosted the participants and told of their commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Meeting with the Deputy Mayor of Sderot, Shay Ben-Yaish. Shay movingly described the assistance he receives through the Municipal Intervention, "I had a vision of what I wanted to achieve in the field of education... IVN gave me the advisors and the tools I need to develop a practical work plan to implement my vision."
- Meeting with IsraCorps volunteers, who spoke of the challenges of working in the periphery and the lessons they themselves have learned by volunteering.
- Meeting with school principals, teachers and pupils involved in the Active Citizenship program, who described the projects initiated by pupils to improve their schools and town, such as a voter information campaign for student council elections. School Principal Rabbi MeirDori thanked IVN for bringing this initiative to Sderot and said, "This unique project will lead students to become better citizens of their city."
- Strategic overview by IVN Chairman Eric Benhamou and a presentation of 2004-5 school year results by IVN Vice-Chairman Benny Levin. Download results_benny_sderot_nov8.ppt
- All of these meetings took place on the day marking the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. IVN members were invited to a moving ceremony held at an elementary school in Sderot in his memory.